4 Chest Exercises With Resistance Bands
Think you can’t get an effective upper body workout from home? Think again! Resistance bands are incredibly effective at building the whole body. And an added bonus is you can take them everywhere with you, from the local park to your summer holiday!
So no need to wait until gyms open, now is the perfect time to get started on your fitness journey.
Here are our FOUR top chest exercises to perform using resistance bands…
1. Banded Floor Press
- Begin lying on your back, with your feet placed on the ground. The band should be behind you on the floor, with each end in your hands.
- Push your arms above you until they are fully extended, working against the resistance of the band.
- Focus on fully extending the arms at the top of the movement, contracting your chest and triceps as you move.
- Aim for 3 sets of 8-12 reps.
2. Resistance Band Push Up
- This is similar to a normal push up, but a little more challenging!
- The resistance band should go over your back, holding each end in your hands.
- As you push yourself up out of the movement, the resistance in the band will make it much harder. Do these on your knees if need be.
- Aim for 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
3. Resistance Band Row
- This is not only great for the chest but also the back!
- Start seated upright, with your legs straight out in front of you.
- The resistance band should be looped around your feet, with each end in each hand.
- Bring the resistance band towards you, keeping your elbows glued into your body.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement, and repeat the movement.
- Aim for 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
4. Reverse Flye
- Step on the resistance band with your feet, with your feet hip-width distance apart flat on the floor. Hold the ends of the band in each hand.
- Start with your arms by your sides.
- Engage your core and, with your palms facing each other, raise your arms until they reach your chest.
- Control your arms as you lower them back down.
- Repeat for 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
Hopefully, this has given you some inspiration and motivation for your next home workout!