These homemade baked banana chips are guilt-free and deliciously sweet! They are easy to make and are the perfect go-to snack. To make these in a batch all you need is 5 minutes, 2 bananas, half a lemon. Place them into the oven for 3 hours, checking them halfway through whilst you get on with the rest of your day. These are a great hit with kids and also are an excellent snack to help your sweet cravings. They are really healthy as there is no added sugar, they haven’t been deep-fried like the shop bought ones and also contain a huge amount of nutrients.
Bananas are high in potassium and fiber and will supply you with essential vitamins and minerals. Potassium is a mineral that helps to promote a regular and normal heartbeat, it also aids correct muscle function which is crucial whilst you are training. Fibre helps the digestive system to work properly and helps your bowels to move. Eating a diet which is rich in fiber will help to lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and also heart disease.
If you have been eating shop bought banana chips, now is the time to make your own! Many manufacturers deep-fry the banana to create the crunchy texture, however, they contain a huge amount of fat, this can higher your cholesterol levels and contribute to heart disease. Therefore, by making the banana chips yourself you are preserving all the goodness. Try them on top of our overnight oats.
- 2 Bananas
- ½ Lemon Squeezed
- Cooking Spray
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cooling Time: 3 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 110 degrees Celsius, line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cut the bananas into ¼-inch slices and dip them in the squeezed lemon juice, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- After 1&½ hours take them out of the oven and flip each banana slice over.
- Place back into the oven for another 1 & ½ hours or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Option: drizzle with honey after they have been cooked.