It is that time of year again – cold evenings mean more time snuggled up on the sofa watching Netflix! This super easy 3 ingredient recipe makes a fabulous healthy snack or a side dish. Instead of reaching for those packets of crisps which are full of salt and artificial flavors, opt for this great alternative.
They are so crispy and are full of flavor, and contribute to 1 of your 5 a day! Sweet potatoes also have some surprising health benefits, they provide a lot of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients and also blood sugar-regulating nutrients. By baking this vegetable, you are also removing all the added oil and carcinogens which can lead to heart diseases and other serious diseases.
For the perfect result – keep your oven hot throughout and only flip them once halfway through the baking process to ensure they are crisp on both sides. Try topping these with black beans, salsa, cheese and our homemade guacamole for the perfect healthy nachos!
- 1 ½ pounds of Sweet Potatoes
- ⅓ cup of Olive Oil
- A sprinkle of Kosher Salt
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooling Time: 20 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and set aside. Using a slicer, cut the potatoes into paper-thin slices, you can also use a knife, however, it’ll just take you a bit longer.
- Place all the slices of sweet potatoes into a large bowl and cover them with the olive oil. Gentle toss ensuring that every piece is coated with the oil. Then lay the slices out onto the baking sheets in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the chips lightly with salt, and bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes or until they’re chirps and golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then move the chips into a bowl or a plastic bag to store. If you find a few chips have soft