These dark chocolate bites are not only beautiful to look at, they also taste delicious! After a busy day, slumped in front of the TV my sugar cravings always kick in. Instead of demolishing a bag of store-bought chocolate, which is full of refined sugar, preservatives, salt and many, many calories, this alternative has come to my rescue!
These are great for a light snack or even better as a dessert. Dark chocolate contains a huge amount of antioxidants and by adding different types of nuts it will also add a solid protein amount into your diet. The dried fruit can also contribute to ½ of your 5 a day! Who know a chocolate snack could be so healthy! You can also use white chocolate however, this is not as healthy.
- 8 oz of Dark Chocolate – the higher percentage of cacao the better
- A mix of Dried Fruit, chopped Nuts & Seeds
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooling Time: 10 Minutes
- Lay out a piece of baking paper and set aside for later. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place into a microwave-safe bowl. Place into the microwave for 60 seconds and then stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and then stir again, repeat until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Spoon the chocolate onto the parchment paper, allowing the chocolate to fall from the spoon to naturally form a round-ish shape, sprinkle on top your healthy additions. It’s important to work with one at a time to ensure you are adding the add-ins whilst the chocolate is still hot. You can make them as big/small as you like, mine are about 2 inches in diameter.
- Let the chocolate set at room temperature, or if you have room, put the bites into the refrigerator to speed the setting process up.