PT liability insurance  

This insurance covers bodily damage, property damage and reputational harm which are some of the most common claims PT’s can get. You can get a quote for PT liability insurance on popular insurance sites such as, Aviva, CoverWallet, Insuranace321, etc. 

Depending if you have your own studio or fitness equipment you may also need commercial property insurance. You can pair this with general liability insurance by purchasing a business owners policy (BOP) this is more cost-effective and means you get broader coverage.

Registered as a sole trader or trading company

If you are a sole trader meaning you run your own business as an individual and are self-employed you need to register online at:

Required level of certification (level 2 or 3)

When becoming a PT you need to have a certain level of qualifications. These are your Level 2 and Level 3 certificates. Level 2 gives you the base knowledge around anatomy and physiology, fitness principles and health and safety. This means you are able to work on the gym floor and deliver inductions to new members. However, to become a personal trainer you need to obtain you Level 3 certificate.