Winter is on its way and the party season will soon begin. This usually means piling on extra pounds from dinners out, drinks at parties and desserts. However, here at MotivatePT we are dedicated to help you to keep your fitness on track.
Our amazing apple crumble, has all the taste of cozy winter nights but without the refined sugar! With a full serving of fruit, you could easily spoon up with yoghurt and have this for breakfast! This recipe can be adjusted for those who are gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. We have also used honey instead of maple syrup, to make it that extra bit healthier. If you are vegan you can also enjoy this crumble by using vegan butter or coconut oil and stick to maple syrup.
I prefer mine warm, so after it had chilled, I placed it in the microwave for 30 seconds. If you have leftovers (I didn’t – it was too good!) you can place these into tupperware and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 30g (¼ Cup) of Whole Wheat Flour
- 75g (¾ Cup) of Oats
- 1 1/2 tbs Unsalted Butter – melted
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 770g ( 6 Cups) diced Red Apples
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 ½ ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground Nutmeg
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooling Time: 60 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and prepare an 8” square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- For the crumble; place the oats, flour, cinnamon into a small bowl and mix. Create a small hole in the middle and pour in the melted butter and the honey. Mix well until it has all been fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl to prepare the filling; mix together the apples, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg, until the apples are completely coated.
- Place the filling into the prepared pan and gentle press down with the back of a spoon. Then lay the crumble onto ensure that is is completed covered and is spread out evenly.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for around 50-60 minutes, or until the apples feel cooked. Take out of the oven and allow the crumble to completely cool to room temperature.
- Place into the fridge for at least 3 hours to allow the juices to fully thicken. Then serve cold or hot et voila!