A 1 pan dinner! Try this delicious prawn pilau rice, which only takes 30 minutes to cook (25 minutes simmering time). After a busy day at work or an evening in the gym, this is the perfect meal. Not only can you enjoy eating it but you can also enjoy not having to wash up lots of pots and pans afterwards!
Filled with all the healthy macro and micro nutrients you need, this will fill your body with goodness. Full of colours, and flavours, this is also a great side dish option for a big group, or a dinner party – and something to impress all.
- 2 tbsp. Masala Curry Paste
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 300g Basmati Rice
- 700ml Vegetable Stock
- 150g Cooked Prawns
- Cupful of Frozen Peas
- 1 Red Chilli (Optional)
- Handful of Coriander Leaves (Optional)
- Lemon Wedges, to serve.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooling Time: 25 Minutes
- Heat a large wide pan and dry-fry the curry paste with the onions for 4-5 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat in the curry paste.
- Add the stock, then bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat down to low. Leave the rice to simmer for 12-15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Turn off the heat and stir in the peas and chilli. Cover the pan and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- In another small pan fry the garlic in a small amount of olive oil for about a minute and then add in the uncooked prawns. Fry until they have turned pink and are fully cooked.
- Fluff up the rice grains with a fork and season to taste. Add prawns on top and scatter over the coriander and serve with a lemon wedge.