Are you always in a rush in the morning, or do you struggle to find a healthy breakfast that fills you up? Try these super quick and healthy pancakes – made with just 3 ingredients! With nearly 4 grams of protein per pancake, they are extremely healthy, and will give you that boost of energy that we all long for in the morning. If you are gluten free you can also use gluten free oats.
What’s healthy for breakfast?
Many of our clients struggle with not knowing what to eat in the mornings. They also get very hungry mid-morning due to an early start, this is often when they make impulsive decisions on what to eat. Usually they end up eating something which contains a lot of sugar and has very little nutritional value. However, with each individual ingredient within these pancakes being so nutritious, they are the perfect go to breakfast.
Whilst training, it is also very important to eat the correct types of foods to boost your workouts. Below we have outlined the importance of each ingredient and their benefits.
The 3 simple ingredients include:
- Bananas which are rich in potassium, and can help lower blood pressure. They also contain a lot of magnesium, which is very important for heart health.
- For protein we have used eggs as they are considered to be one of the best sources of protein available. While there are a lot of protein powders available, a lot of them can contain many artificial ingredients, and do not have all the natural vitamins and minerals which eggs contain. Vitamins and minerals are needed for the regular functioning of cells, including the brain, nervous system, memory, and metabolism. The protein also helps to build and repair muscles which is essential.
- The third ingredient which we have used for these pancakes are oats. They are extremely rich in a specific type of fiber called beta-glucan. This particular fibre is known to help lower levels of bad cholesterol, and this can dramatically reduce the risk of heart attacks. Who would have thought that american pancakes can actually be good for you
This will make 5 pancakes:
- 1 Medium Banana,
- 2 Large Eggs,
- ⅓ Cup of Oats,
- ¼ Tsp of Cinnamon (to taste).
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes!
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork,
- Crack the two eggs into the bowl and mix well.
- Use rolled oats, or mix into a blender, until fine.
- Add the oats and cinnamon into the banana mix, and stir well.
- Heat a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of the mixture into the pan, cook on one side for about 1.5 minutes, then turn over and cook the other side for about 1 minute (or until golden brown on both sides).
- Serve with fresh berries and with or without maple syrup.
- And Enjoy! This is a great recipe that even kids will love!