These are a great hit with all the family, and they only take 20 minutes to make. After a long day’s work the last thing you want to be doing is standing over the stove for hours. This quick meal is great for a big lunch and perfect for an evening dinner. It can be teamed with extra vegetables, or more brown rice if you’re really hungry. You will get a portion of complex carbohydrates which are great for slow-releasing energy, and which will leave you sufficiently full. The kidney beans are an excellent source of protein, which is a great alternative to meat protein as they contain lower saturated fat. Protein within your diet is great for growth and repair of muscles, which is very important whilst training. These are, of course, also a great vegetarian meal option for you, and great to save leftovers for lunch the following day. So why not give it try.
- 4 Mixed Peppers,
- 1x 250g pouch cooked vegetable whole grain rice
- 2 tbsp pesto
- A handful of pitted black olives, chopped
- ½ can of kidney beans
- 150g goats cheese, sliced
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooling Time: 10 Minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Cook the rice pouch as the instructions instruct. Whilst this is cooking cut each pepper in half and remove the seeds.
- Place peppers onto a plate and oven-cook on high for 6-8 minutes or until they are soft.
- Whilst they are cooking mix into a bowl the rice, pesto, olives and ⅔ of the goats cheese.
- Place the peppers onto a lined baking tray and stuff with the mix. Top with the rest of the goats cheese and place into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove when the goats cheese is melted and slightly golden and serve whilst hot.