Personal training & fitness jobs in London
MotivatePT are a leading personal training brand in London, with a long-established clientele and an outstanding team of dedicated personal trainers. As a friendly and close-knit team of fitness professionals we are absolutely passionate about what we do and we thrive on the results that we achieve for our clients. Due to continued expansion, we are always on the lookout for new personal training talent.
You will be responsible for:
Carrying out personal training sessions in the part of London in which you are based. You will train our clients in their homes, workplaces and outdoors. We look for individuals who embody our core values. We look for individuals who embody our core values. If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
We are committed to providing an environment for highly motivated personal trainers to grow and develop whilst providing a first class service to our clients. We look for loyal, hard-working and reliable personal trainers to represent us and in return we can offer you:
- Great rates of pay and a regular supply of local clients
- Flexible work to suit your schedule and other commitments
- A rewarding work environment where your opinion is valued
- Opportunity to work with an outstanding team & great clients
- Discounts on further education courses & CPD training
The next step
If you want to be part of one of London’s leading and most exciting personal training brands, working at the forefront of the Fitness Industry, then please email your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a brief cover letter telling us a little about yourself and the reasons why you’d like to join us, based upon your goals, interests and preferences.
Work with us
How many hours a week do I work?
One of the greatest perks of working with MotivatePT is that you have complete freedom over your diary. You can work as many or as few hours per week as you like. You will work with MotivatePT on a self-employed basis. We will support your existing roles and work commitments and offer you clients that fit into your schedule and your jurisdiction. We would expect that you are available at the peak times that our clients typically want to train including a reasonable proportion of early mornings (6.30am – 9am), evenings (5.30pm – 9.00pm) and weekends.
How far am I expected to travel?
Again, this is completely at your discretion. We can support your current client base, and aim to build your book in areas that you cover already. Once you join the MotivatePT team, we request that you provide us with a comprehensive breakdown of your availability and geographical reach, and we will endeavour to provide you with work to compliment that.
How much will I earn with MotivatePT?
We ensure we are incredibly competitive when it comes to compensation. We offer a minimum flat-rate per session, irrespective of block size, and this amount will increase over-time based on your success with MotivatePT.
What qualifications & documentation do I require?
All of our trainers must be REPs Level III qualified and ideally have gained (or will be working towards) some further specialised training or certifications e.g. boxercise, kettlebells, pregnancy fitness, corrective exercise, pilates etc.
Given that you work on a self-employed basis, you will therefore need to have your own:
Personal liability insurance
A current first aid certificate
A mode of transportation. Trainers typically drive or cycle to their sessions.
Am I able to further my qualifications with MotivatePT?
We always encourage our trainers to further enhance their qualifications and skillset, and as part of our growing list of partnerships in the industry, we will be able to offer discounts on CPD training with some of the UK’s leading fitness qualification providers. The wider your skillset, the more you can offer our clients, and hence, the more successful you will be as a personal trainer!
What additional support will I receive from MotivatePT?
The team at MotivatePT are on hand to support trainers, 7 days a week. We go over and above to make sure we respond to all queries within 24 hours and that your clients have a second point of contact if you happen to be unavailable.
We understand that our personal trainers truly flourish when they are left to focus solely on training. This is why our team take care of all of the ‘administration’ – From finding and vetting all new clients, to invoicing and chasing payments, to looking after email correspondence and bookings.
Many of our trainers also enjoy working with us, because we can provide client advice and we can help to diplomatically resolve any issues. We can also provide clients with ‘cover’ if you are away, one of the many benefits you can enjoy when being involved in a wide network.
What fitness equipment do I require?
This is completely up to you. We expect variety, fun and high-quality training to be delivered in all our sessions, and so you are given complete freedom in the fitness equipment you want to use. This may include dumbbells, yoga mats, medicine balls, resistance bands, TRX, boxing gloves & pads, skipping ropes, ViPR etc
Who are MotivatePT’s typical clients?
It delights us to say that we have no ‘typical’ client. When working with MotivatePT you can expect a wide range of clients, from young to senior, individuals to groups, from complete beginners to fitness fanatics. Because we cover one of the most diverse cities in the world, our client base is full of variety, meaning we will always give you new and exciting client assignments. This in turn will help you, as a personal trainer, to build up your skill set.
What advice would you give a mobile personal trainer before applying to work with MotivatePT?
We would ask all new applicants to think carefully about their application, which should consist of a CV and a cover letter. Does it accurately portray your experience to date and does it fully reflect your personality and skill-set? In addition, we are happy to work with newly qualified personal trainers, but we expect all of our trainers to exhibit confidence when dealing with our clients. So in many instances it may be beneficial to gain some work experience before applying to work with us, so you can really show us the best of your abilities.
What do you believe are the most important qualities to have as a mobile personal trainer at MotivatePT?
In no particular order, we believe the below five qualities are absolutely critical and we will only hire new personal trainers for our team, if they can exhibit these.
- Flexibility Our trainers must exhibit some degree of flexibility when it comes to travel, distance and training times. Our most successful personal trainers, possess a ‘can-do’ attitude and will make difficult situations work. Our clients also tend to pick up on and appreciate this. It is one of the best ways our personal trainers can grow their book very quickly, with MotivatePT.
- Diary management skills MotivatePT expect personal trainers to manage their own diaries. As you are working with us on a freelance basis, it is impossible for us to know what your other day to day commitments are, outside of your clients with MotivatePT, but we expect our trainers to book in and track all sessions with our clients. We also expect you to provide sessions to clients in a timely manner. For example, if a client has requested two morning sessions a week, and this is what you have promised, then you must ensure you honour this.
- Timely responses We understand that our trainers spend much of the day on the go, but we still expect timely responses and we offer this to our trainers in return. Often, we need to respond to a new or existing client within a set timeframe and so we are more likely to work best with those trainers who make time to return calls and communicate with us between sessions.
- Client relations To be a successful personal trainer, you must be a ‘people-person’, and know how to get the best out of individuals. We employ trainers who have a good work ethic, and lots of personality!
- Trust MotivatePT put a great deal of trust into the trainers they select. These trainers are responsible for embodying the MotivatePT brand and being our ambassadors. You are the face of MotivatePT to our clients, and so we trust that you are professional, reliable and respectful at all times.